Remember making cookies as a kid and all you wanted to do was eat the dough? Well now you can with our Vegan Cookie Dough Protein Balls. They are super high in fibre, 100% plant-based, gluten free, packed full of protein and ridiculously delicious! It takes just minutes to make in a blender, and are easy to roll, so there is no fuss and minimal mess. Win win. Take them with you for healthy snacking on-the-go.
- 1 can organic chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegan protein powder of choice (we used Nava Wholefoods Pea Protein – but you could use Hemp or Brown Rice too)
- 2 heaped tsp Nava Wholefoods Maca Powder
- Pinch of Nava Wholefoods Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 cup vegan dark choc chips
- Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla extract, protein powder, maca and salt. Add more almond milk if needed.
- Blend until doughy consistency is formed.
- Add vegan choc chips and mix until combined through the dough.
- Roll mixture into balls using the palms of your hands. And eat some while rolling of course!
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy.
The 101 on Chickpeas:
Did you know this humble legume has 12.5 grams of fiber per cup? That is around 50% of your daily requirement! They contain vitamin K, folate, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, choline, and selenium. As well as being an excellent vegan and gluten-free source of protein and fiber, chickpeas also contain high levels of iron, vitamin B-6, and magnesium. These Vegan Cookie Dough Protein balls are a sneaky way to include more chickpeas in your daily diet.